Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Beautiful Belated Christmas Presents



Art Deco style watch and (please don't berate me) elephant ivory pendant. I absolutely hate the idea of people killing animals for fashion, but this is a very old necklace (1920s ish) and hunting for ivory is now illegal. The fact is that I would love it even if it was made from plastic and I know I will treat it with care and respect as the deed is already done and it deserves to belong to someone who appreciates it fully on more than just an aesthetic level.

On a lighter note, the wonderful Dahl from the blog
has nominated me for a Stylish Blogger Award and first of all I would like to thank her and tell her how sweet that was and how much I appreciate her insightful and intelligent blog

Now I'm supposed to say seven things about myself so....

  1. I am left-handed
  2. I have a fully fledged phobia of moths
  3. I can fold my tongue in half and keep it there without holding it or anything (photo on request)
  4. I am obsessed with blackbirds and cats
  5. I sold my soul for a new Olympus PEN camera, and hate myself slightly for it
  6. I am happiest when I am singing to a song I love
  7. I have never left New Zealand, but desperately want to
My Nominations...
L’Arc En Ciel
  Velvet Bitchez

The recipient is supposed to link back to the givers blog, thank them, then write a post about the award, writing 7 things about themself and nominating their own favourite stylish bloggers.

Enjoy!





14 comments:

  1. the art deco style watch is gorgeous!!! congrats on the award :)

    xx
    heyrocketgirl

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous jewellery! Thanks for your lovely comment - i'm following back! :)

    http://londonscloset.blogspot.com
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have fallen love with your blog! The art deco style watch is absolutely beautiful.

    Now following you- Hope you can follow back!
    http://fashionafffair.blogspot.com/
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous watch!
    I'm now following, hope you can do the same :)

    http://amyssecretcloset.blogspot.com/
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. that watch is gorgeous. I love your #6 ( I agree).
    YOur blog is amazing. I'm now followingggg!!!!

    xxo Tess S.
    CESTDEMODE.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think the watch and pendent are gorgeous! And I loved reading those 7 things about you. And thanks for nominating me girl!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh you are so sweet, thank you so much

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm glad you were happy with the award! I really love your watch and the necklace. It is sad what happened to elephants back in time, but I agree with you that the deed is done and that's a great piece of jewelry. I love cats too! And I also love singing along to good songs. Your tongue trick sounds awesome ;) Thank you for nominating me again! That is too sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Getting a belated Christmas present is so much fun because it makes it feel like the holidays aren't over yet! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. ooh hey girl, thanks for the tag! I'll have to do this for my next post :)

    and also, I LOVE LOVE LOVEEE art deco style jewelry! I'd even say its my favorite style of anything ever. That watch is such a beaut and I am watching about 5-7 pieces of art deco jewelry on Ebay as I type ;)

    xx

    MILK TEETHS

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW! IT´S BEAUTIFUL! I´m in love with your necklace....it´s perfect...it´s one of the most beautiful vintage piece I have ever seen
    you have a new follower :) I like your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. The watch is gorgeous and I agree with you on vintage fur/ ivory items. If the deed has been done at the time when it was permissible, these items have all the more right to go into loving homes where people will understand and cherish them for more than their artistic/ aesthetic value.

    BTW I loved the photo of your tongue folding....I have never really known anyone who can do that and made a huge fool of myself in Ripley's believe it or not museum infront of a hidden camera trying to do that. :)

    I am your newest follower

    Look forward to hearing from you

    Love

    Tashrin from Canada

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments <3